Parent Project Jr./Loving Solutions
Loving Solutions is a parent-training program designed specifically for parents raising difficult younger children, ages 5-10 years. Also known as “Parent Project®, Jr.,” this program utilizes the same principles found successful in Parent Project® Sr., adapted to the needs of younger children.
What is Parent Project Jr. : Loving Solutions?
Parent Project Jr. is a 10 - week parent-training program designed specifically for parents raising difficult younger children, ages 5-10 years. Also known as “Loving Solutions”, this program utilizes the same principles found successful in Parent Project® Sr., adapted to the needs of younger children.
- With a focus on positive home/school communication, home learning activities, and classroom behavior, Loving Solutions helps parents become actively involved in their child’s education and helps set the stage for lifelong learning.
- Loving Solutions also addresses the needs of children with Attention Deficit Disorder. The workbook provides a brief but informative introduction and overview of the field, to guide parents through this immense subject. Parents who suspect that their child displays these symptoms, as well as parents who have a child already diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, will find this information more than helpful.
Who Should Attend?
- The parent/guardian who has primary day-to-day responsibility for supervision of strong-willed child age 5- 10; ideally both parents attend the program.
- Parents or caregivers who have a desire to learn new ways to build a stronger relationship with their child and manage challenging behaviors.
- Child programming (including homework help) is available while parents attend Loving Solutions.
How Does it Work?
What Is Expected of Parents/Caregivers & Children Who Participate?
- Parents attend and learn, in a classroom setting, to manage tough behaviors at home.
- The activity-based 210-page workbook “A Parent’s Guide to Raising Tough Kids ages 5 – 10 years” is available only to program participants.
- Parents meet one night a week for 2 hours.
- Parent support groups are formed using the UCLA, Self-Help Support Group model.
- Program is taught by community members and educators who have completed the forty-hour Parent Project® facilitator training.
- Program, dinner and supplies are FREE. Participants are expected to attend each session and complete assignments during the week. Replacement fee for workbook is $25.
- Upcoming Sessions: Click Here
How Do I Register? Questions?
Contact Anna Weber, Parent Project Coordinator
Find out more about the national project by visiting their website www.parentproject.com and whytry.org.
“Loving Solutions offers the ABC’s of parenting young children: Appropriate, Brief, and Consistent techniques lead to ‘D’ and ‘E’– delightful, effective parenting!” - Gillian Wadsworth, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, City of Arcta, CA
“Loving Solutions is a concrete, concise resource for parents struggling to meet the needs of the strong-willed Elementary age child. The curriculum is simple, effective and fun to teach. Parents, schools and the community will thank you!” - Gary Stanoff, Marriage and Family Therapist, City of Vacaville, CA
“Loving Solutions provides parents with solid, practical solutions.” -Jean Mirando, Marriage and Family Therapist John Muir Behavioral Health