Pause for Volunteers
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Power Pause Orientation for New Volunteers at Center Pointe Christian Church:
Use the links below to register for volunteer opportunities:
Am I old enough to volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 13 years old can serve as a Pause volunteer. Youth volunteers (ages 13 – 17) are typically paired up with an adult to work with throughout the event. Children ages 10-12 may volunteer with a parent.
How to sign up to be a volunteer?
It’s EASY! To apply to be a Pause volunteer first you must:
- Download & Submit completed Volunteer Application.
- Complete a background check (no cost to you) if over 18 years old.
- Attend 1 hour orientation prior to event you signed up for.
What should I expect after I send in my volunteer application?
- New Volunteer Follow-Up Email – Our Pause Volunteer Coordinator is your direct line of support and will contact you with next steps which include information on how to complete a background check if you are 18 or over. You will also be given a link to register for any of our upcoming events.
- Registration Confirmation – Once you register electronically for any of our events, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
- Buddy Call – If you register to be a Buddy for one of our Parent Night Out events, our Volunteer Coordinator will call you the week of the event to give you information on the child you will be buddied with.
- Reminder Email – prior to any event you have registered for, our Volunteer Coordinator will send an email that will include information on arrival time, food being served and other pertinent information you will need to know!
- Launch Emails - At the beginning of every month you will receive an email with information on all of our upcoming events with links to register.
can I be Involved?
Pause is a grassroots, volunteer-community driven initiative and offers many rewarding volunteer experiences. All we ask is to pick what best suits you!
Help at an Event
Event Volunteer Positions: (Must be 13 or older)
Buddy – Provide 1:1 supervision for a child with special needs or sibling
Registration Helper – Check volunteers and families in during events
Activity Helper for Arts & Crafts and/or games – lead stations during event
Food Helper – may include food delivery, set-up & clean up
Supervised College Internships:
Internships are available during Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer semesters to college students only. All applicants must go through interview process and require minimum of a semester long commitment. For more information contact Pause Program Coordinator.
- Pause Family Facilitator (MSW Students)
- Pause Family Coordinator
- Pause Volunteer Coordinator
- Event Support Coordinator
Individual / Group Service Projects:
- Plan/Coordinate/Supervise a special Pause family event
- Plan/Coordinate/Supervise fundraiser event
- Develop/Research resource materials for Pause families
- Plan/Organize/Market collection events for Pause (school supply drives, toy drives, gift card drives, etc)
- Design event flyers or other Pause marketing materials
Assist with general office work (data entry, stuff envelopes, make copies, etc.)