Pause for Volunteers
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Additional Events COMING SOON!!
Am I old enough to volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 13 years old can serve as a Pause volunteer. Youth volunteers (ages 13 – 17) are typically paired up with an adult to work with throughout the event. Children ages 10-12 may volunteer with a parent.
do I sign up to be a Pause volunteer?
EASY! To apply to be a Pause volunteer, please complete the following:
- Download and submit a completed volunteer application
a background check if you're over 18 years old (no cost to you)
the online Pause Orientation Training
should I expect after I submit my volunteer application?
- New Volunteer Follow-Up Email - This email will include next steps including
how to complete a free background check if you 18 or over.
- Registration Confirmation -Once you register electronically for any of our events, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
- Event Registration - Once
your background check is processed, you are officially part of the Pause family
and can register for events! Simply click on any (or all!) of the events listed
at the top of this page and complete the Google registration form. The best part?
YOU choose what volunteer roles you are interested in and comfortable
Assignment Email -The week of the event, our team will send an
email which will include your volunteer assignment, food menu (yes, we feed
you!) and other important event information.
- Event Reminder Text - The day before the event, a reminder text
will be sent to your cell phone number on file.
Feel free to text us back if you have any questions!
- Launch Emails - At the beginning of every month you will receive an email with information on all of our upcoming events with links to register.
are the ways I can get involved?
Pause is a grassroots, volunteer-community driven initiative and offers many rewarding volunteer experiences. All we ask is to pick what best suits you!
at an Event
Buddy to a Special Needs Child with HIGH needs
- Tribe LEADER to a small group of children with LOW needs/siblings.
- Tribe HELPER to a small group of children with LOW needs/siblings.
- Food (prepare/pick-up/serve)
- Registration Team
- Runner (support to other volunteers)
- Medical Personnel
- Crisis Intervention Specialist (must have experience in de-escalation of children w/disabilities.)
- Special Guest – Share a talent, hobby, small business or job with our Pause kids!
Supervised College Internships:
available during the year and summer to all college students. All applicants must go through interview
process. School year internships require
a minimum of 2 semesters and students must have availability to attend 2
evening events a month. For more
information click HERE or call our
office at 513-887-5506.
- Pause Family Facilitator
- Pause Family Coordinator
- Pause Volunteer Coordinator
- Event Support Coordinator
Individual / Group Service Projects:
a Pause event
a fundraiser event
resource materials for Pause families
or market collection events for Pause (school supply drives, toy drives, gift
card drives, etc.)
- Design event flyers or other Pause marketing materials
Assist with general office work (data entry, stuff envelopes, make copies, etc.)