Pause for Volunteers
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Am I old enough to volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 18 may volunteer with a kiddo in our one on one Virtual Hangout events.
do I sign up to be a Pause volunteer?
EASY! To apply to be a Pause volunteer, please complete the following:
- Download and submit a completed volunteer application
a background check if you're over 18 years old (no cost to you)
the online Pause Orientation Training
should I expect after I submit my volunteer application for an in-person event?
- New Volunteer Follow-Up Email - This email will include next steps including
how to complete a free background check if you 18 or over.
- Registration Confirmation -Once you register electronically for any of our events, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
- Event Registration - Once
your background check is processed, you are officially part of the Pause family
and can register for events! Simply click on any (or all!) of the events listed
at the top of this page and complete the Google registration form. The best part?
YOU choose what volunteer roles you are interested in and comfortable
Assignment Email -The week of the event, our team will send an
email which will include your volunteer assignment, food menu (yes, we feed
you!) and other important event information.
- Event Reminder Text - The day before the event, a reminder text
will be sent to your cell phone number on file.
Feel free to text us back if you have any questions!
- Launch Emails - At the beginning of every month you will receive an email with information on all of our upcoming events with links to register.
are the ways I can get involved?
Pause is a grassroots, volunteer-community driven initiative and offers many rewarding volunteer experiences. All we ask is to pick what best suits you!
at an In-Person Event
*Currently on HOLD due to the COVID-19 pandemic*
Pause Virtual Hangouts
- This is where a volunteer is paired with a kiddo whose main goal will be to spend quality time having fun! The kiddo will pick an activity out of a list of options (or they can create their own option), we will order and ship/deliver the supplies to both the child and volunteer and then they will meet virtually through Zoom based on an agreed time that works for both the family and volunteer.
Sound fun? What to see a video of how this works? Send us an email and we will get you set up!
Pause Virtual Fundraising
- Are you passionate about fundraising? You've found just the place! We love to hear fresh ideas about creative ways to gather funds. You have the ability to create and see through a fundraising opportunity! Feel free to send us an email with your interest.
Pause Virtual Administration Support
- We always have administrative tasks or other small projects that greatly support our program in our "virtual office." Reach out to us and we will use your talents to help us complete an ongoing project.
Join our CAN DO Directory:
The CAN DO Directory serves as the primary vehicle in which we communicate the needs of our families. Any community member, organization or business can participate by joining the CAN DO Directory. We send current needs via email Tuesdays @ Noon. Respond, forward, or delete. It's up to you!
Supervised College Internships:
available during the year and summer to all college students. All applicants must go through interview
process. School year internships require
a minimum of 2 semesters and students must have availability to attend 2
evening events a month. For more
information click HERE or call our
office at 513-887-5506.
- Pause Family Facilitator
- Pause Family Coordinator
- Pause Volunteer Coordinator
- Event Support Coordinator
Individual / Group Service Projects:
a Pause event
a fundraiser event
resource materials for Pause families
or market collection events for Pause (school supply drives, toy drives, gift
card drives, etc.)
- Design event flyers or other Pause marketing materials